-->

February 28, 2012

40 of 365 - Hand Creams

So about a week ago I had horribly dry hands. I blame the winter and the hand soap at work. I set out to buy myself some hand cream. Sure I have body butters from the Body Shop that I could have used, but let's face it, not only is it not the same, but I don't have enough room in my purse to carry one of those big things!


My search landed me at Bath & Bodyworks. I smelled their Shea Cashmere hand cream and was instantly won over. I really can't describe the smell, but one of the girls at work said it smelled a bit like caramel. Which sounds accurate, but I remember reading there was vanilla in there, shea butter, and a few other things.

I didn't try it. I just bought it. When I finally put it on while I was at work, it smelled off. A little more floral almost. I do lots of research online for my job so I unfortunately tend to lean my head on my hand with elbows up so got a up close smell. I didn't like it so much that I went out to find another hand cream.  *a few days later, I tried it again, and I actually like the smell. This one stays in my purse - $10



So the next one I got is this nice thick hand butter from Fruits & Passion. It's Coriander and Olive Tree (from their Cucina line). I don't cook with coriander and I've never been near an olive tree, but it smells so good (even on!) Because of it's thickness, my skin doesn't seem to absorb it as much. It also makes my hands a little shiny for a bit after (guessing from the olive tree).  - $12.95

While I was there, I also fell in love with the smell of these three body butters.



The girl helping me listed them as hand creams, so I didn't think more of it. But when I got home, I noticed it was body butters. It's not like the butters I'm used to (Body Shop).  The Mango and Apple are my favorites. I don't care for the crannberry. It's not bad, just not as good with the other two. They were $6.95, but they had a promotion going on. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but essentially I got the Cucina hand butter at half price, so it was like getting these three for free!

So, I got 5 hand creams/butters, (4 x 2oz & 1 x 2.5oz) for $23. Pretty good I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment