-->

June 21, 2015

A Personal birthday gift: Origami Owl Living Lockets

Origami Owl

I have now entered the last year of my 20s. I have spent a great weekend with family and friends and received some really touching gifts.

One said gift, is a necklace and bracelet from my parents & younger brother, from Origami Owl. I've never heard of this company until the moment that my family presented me with these cute little take-out boxes.


My family (mom) knows that I don't care for those charm bracelets (something about them... other than the hefty price!), but found another piece of jewelry that captures who I am.


These living lockets twist open (they're very secure!) so you can add the charms that best represent you or that speak to you in some way. You can get them as a necklace, bracelet, lanyard badge/card holder. There are tons of options and very reasonable priced.

Origami Owl
Cute little owl on the bracelet

From what I seen online, the lockets start at about $17 and can go up to $55 depending on the size and style you choose. If you or the person you're buying for doesn't already have a necklace or bracelet to hold the locket, there are tons of options for those too! They even have backing plates that they can engrave a name or something like "bridesmaid" on it. The cute little charms? Only $6! Once you have your basics, you can just collect charms and change it up as you like.

Origami Owl Living Locket Bracelet

My brother got me the bracelet and wanted me to tell my own story, but still got some lovely Aurora Borealis Stardust Crystal (Swarovsky) to add to it. You really can't go wrong with anything that sparkles! I think I've decided on the following charms to get for my bracelet: "Blog." (obvious reasons!), an aqua daisy because I love gerbera daisies and maybe the lipstick; I feel like I need to see that one in person though.

Origami Owl Living Locket and Charms

The necklace was put together by my parents, who couldn't have captured me any better. Each charm in this living locket necklace represents a piece of me. My birthstone, the paw print for my two fur-babies, daughter which kind of signifies that my parents gave it to me, the purse because I'm a purse girl (not a shoe or sunglasses girl), the camera because I love photography and it ties it with my blog, and the angel wings. Those wings represent my tattoo, which means so much to me.

Origami Owl Living Locket

Overall, if you're looking to get a personalized gift for someone, I think this is an amazing choice. Maybe a graduation present, for mother's day, a gift to your bridal party, for exceptional teacher or even just for your best friend. You really can't go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment