-->

May 11, 2015

Review: Oz Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Serum

I have another serum from Oz Naturals for you today. They Hyaluronic Acid Serum.


So what is Hyaluronic Acid?

Hyaluronic Acid (HA), isn't the type of acid that would burn and peel your skin. Instead, HA is found naturally in our bodies. HA is a tiny molecule that can retain over 1000 times its weight in water within the skin cells, which helps soften fine lines and wrinkles.

However, with natural aging, the amount of HA in our body decreases, and continuous usage of HA is recommended to keep it up.  "Scientific studies have shown that HA improves skin hydration, stimulates production of collagen in skin, works as an antioxidant and free radical scavenger, maintains skin elasticity, cushions joints and nerve tissues, has an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory activity and maintains the fluid in the eye tissues, which may help to protect against numerous possible eye concerns."

The best example I found to explain Hyaluronic Acid and our skin is baby skin. You ever notice how smooth and soft and dewy a baby's skin looks and feels? Well that's because they're born with lots of HA. But since our bodies don't produce as much over time, we lose those properties.

While we wont ever get that baby-skin look back, HA certainly helps. With its moisturizing properties, it helps keep our skin plump and youthful looking while helping the elasticity.

My experience

First thing I noticed without even opening the bottle, was how thick this is compared to the Oz Naturals Vitamin C serum. Next was the sniff test. While I'm no scent expert, I'm pretty sure I was getting mainly Aloe and Witch Hazel (based on growing up, and cutting up, an aloe plant when I was younger and having tried a witch hazel toner a few months back).


Upon application (even though it's a little thicker, a little goes a long way), it quickly absorbs into my skin (maybe a little slower than the Vitamin C serum) and my skin was instantly smooth. My skin didn't feel dry or stiff. While its best used in combination with a moisturizer, there may have been a time or two that I ran out the door without it and my skin was fine.

I can't speak for its properties of diminishing surface lines or wrinkles, however, based on what I've read about Hyaluronic Acid, I don't doubt that it works.

Depending on your skin concerns, you can actually use both serums by Oz Naturals one after another.


Here's a quick look at both of them. 

Vitamin C Serum:
  • Brightens skin for a youthful glow
  • Fades dark spots
  • Evens out skin tone and texture

Hyaluronic Acid Serum:
  • Plumps & hydrates dry dull skin
  • Assists in balancing skin moisture levels
  • Diminishes surface lines and wrinkles by stimulating collagen
The Oz Naturals Hyaluronic Acid Serum can be purchased on their Amazon Store and is currently sold for $19.95 CAD.

*this product was received for review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment