-->

May 31, 2014

Quick & Easy Manicure that's sure to imPRESS

Hello lovelies!

It's been so long, but let me tell you, I've had quite the adventure. Purchasing a house is no walk in the park. And don't even get me started on the issues I had with trying to get the internet going. If you follow me on Facebook, you'll know a little more about my frustrations.


Right in the middle of unpacking, I had a very close friend's wedding to attend. Of course, between cleaning, working and unpacking, my nails were in pretty rough conditions. About a week before the wedding, I got some stick on nails by Broadway Nails courtesy of Influenster. These saved me!  You may recall that I did a review before about a set I purchased for another wedding. You can read about those here.


 This is the 3rd or 4th set that I've used and I can't tell you how much I love them. I received two sets from Influenster, but the one that I used for the wedding was Evil Queen, which is part of the Disney Villains collection. Other Villains are Cruella and Maleficent. When I first received them, I wasn't sure when I'd wear this specific colour, but they were perfect with the dress I wore.

Different lighting to show the colour shift
Evil Queen has a purple/blue/grey base and extremely fine shimmer in the colour that makes it shift between those colours and sometimes picks up on other colours such as green.  It was perfect for my dark navy dress.
You can see how it captures colours around the nails

It's super easy to apply these.
- Find the right sizes for our nails (try them on - keep the back on!) It's better if they are *slightly* too small than too big. If it goes over your cuticles, it wont have a great adhesion, then oil and dirt will get underneath and it wont last as long.
- Place them in order (I start with pinky)
- Clean your nails with nail polish remover followed by the prep pad
- Peel off the back of the first nail (pinky) and apply to your nail
- Press down, middle first, then press outwards. I keep pressing for about 20 seconds.
- Keep doing all your nails, saving thumbs for last
- Keep out of water for about 30 minutes

Test against your nail to find the right size
That's it! It's so easy, that I've done this in a moving vehicle (I was the passenger, and had pre-prepped everything and put tiny marks on the tabs to know which went where)

Normally they last me about 6-7 days, however these only lasted me about 3 - I had to get back to unpacking and they were in the way, so I just popped them off.

I'm hoping to get back to a regular blogging schedule soon, but for now, I might be a little all over the place.
The second set I received, "Shout"

*hugz*
-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment