-->

February 02, 2014

NotD - Essie On a Silver Platter

Essie's Encrusted Treasure collection came out just before Christmas and it had me, like so many, swooning over the colours. Who can blame us? The collection features polishes with bar glitter, regular (gorgeous) glitter, texture, and a texture + glitter. With all that glitter, it was hard to miss. I've previously posted my thoughts on another Encrusted Treasure polish, Belugaria. You can see that post here.

I purchased On a Silver Platter as soon as I seen it in stores. It was love at first sight. 




This beautiful colour features blueish-purple holographic glitter suspended in a pearlescent gold base that just screams luxurious. Truly a treasure for your nails.


Two coats were used for all the swatches. A third would have increased the amount of glitter, but don't think it would have cured the sheerness of the gold base.


Use one coat of On a Silver Platter over a white or nude colour to get the best of both worlds - opaque from your base colour with a hint of the pearlescent gold and the perfect amount of glitter.

For a truly treasure-esque manicure, layer it over a gold polish and the gold from On a Silver Platter somewhat melts into your base, enhancing it just enough to allow the glitter to dance and shine in a very sophisticated manner.






Have you tried any of the Encrusted Treasure polishes by Essie? Which was your favorite?

*hugz*
-Sam


2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any polishes from this line but from the swatches I have seen, this is definitely my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one won over my heart at first sight.

      Delete