-->

August 07, 2013

July Empties

July was a successful month for empties. Yay!

Olay Body Wash + Crème Ribbons with almond oil: At first I thought this was very thick and didn't lather much. Turns out it wasn't that bad and I kinda liked it. My skin always felt nice & soft afterwards.
May re-purchase.

TRESemmé Vibrantly Smooth Conditioner:  It's conditioner and I'm not picky. My hair felt soft afterwards, no major knots and it smelt good. I change up my conditioner (and shampoo) all the time, so I'll be buying this again at one point. 

Marc Anthony Curl Defining Lotion: This was a June favorite, and I still really like it. Doesn't leave my hair crunchy or weighed down. I have a few other curling products to go through, but I may end up purchasing the full size.

Vasanti BrightenUp! : It's a good exfoliator. It's very fine and gritty. I think I'm starting to get tired of it though. I have a few other samples of this to go through, but I don't know if I'd purchase the full size.

Pelle Beauty Stellar Multitasking Facial Oil: This can be used as a facial oil (instead of moisturizer), makeup remover, makeup primer & mixing medium and facial mask primer. That's a lot of uses. You can also use it in your hair if you'd like. There's no added scent, and the only thing you can smell is the natural smell of sandalwood. Not bad. Used as a moisturizer at night and it was ok. Tried it as a makeup remover, and I didn't like it. Also tried it for my hair and didn't notice anything different compared to other oils. This is a small sample (it's their sidekicks size) so I didn't try everything (mostly moisturizer at night). It could be a great product if you really don't want to carry lots of stuff, but I question some of the uses. Makeup remover & primer? Primer helps things last, yet the products removes as well. This small guy is $11.95. I would not purchase.

 Bioré Make-Up Removing Towelettes:  I don't usually require anything for sensitive skin, but this burned the eyes! Also says that it removes the "most stubborn waterproof mascara" - I call total BS on this. The mascara I wear regularly is not waterproof and this wipes had a hard time. I have another pack to use up, but otherwise, I would not purchase.

Benefit They're Real Mascara: I really don't know what the hype about this mascara is. It did get a little better as it got near the end, but I've used drug store brands that are just as good as this stuff - And that's a little easier to remove. I would not purchase.

Deep Relief: The BF used it. Smelled minty, helped the pain, so guess it's good. I have a feeling that he'll just stick with the Rub-A-535. I may or may not purchase. 

Lancome Hypnose Mascara: I have fallen in love with this mascara, but not the price. Added some nice volume. If it comes on sale, I may purchase. Might even purchase during a GWL.

BareMinerals Original SPF 15 Foundation:  The first loose powder foundation I've tried, and at first application, it's ok. But throughout the day, the oils from my skin makes this foundation noticeable. It's like it becomes cakey at certain spots. I would not purchase.

Gosh Blush in Electric Pink: The pink isn't that electric. This was the very first blush I ever owned. So it's about 7 years old. I haven't used it in quite some time, the pigment's so-so, the colour isn't bad (but not for me anymore). Figured it was time it gets tossed. Probably would not re-purchase.

Naturelle D'Orient Hand Cream: You can really smell the Jasmin. It's ok. Nothing special. Would not purchase.

Laura Mercier Mineral Primer:  I went to use this and it's all dried up. Hmm. Guess I didn't care to use it sooner. No opinion has been formed.

*hugz*

-Sam  

2 comments:

  1. I have a full size of that curl cream (I think it's the same) but I haven't gotten to using it yet, but now I'm excited for it because you like it so much :) Great job with all the empties, I just posted mine and it's a bit smaller but pretty good considering I was on vacation half the much. Definitely want August to be better! I haven't tried any of the benefit mascaras, so far I just sit to drugstore but I do have a clinique sample so I'm excited to try that once I finish my Julep one :)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try the lancome mascaras but the prices have scared me off considering how great the drugstore brand stuff can be...always waiting for sales :)

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northernbeauty85.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete