-->

June 25, 2013

May Empties

Gasp! We're more than halfway done June and I'm only getting around to my May Empties post. I'm so sorry about this delay! (and to my washroom who had to house more empties than it should have)





Life Brand makeup remover wipes: Not the greatest. It had a hard time removing my mascara (which is not waterproof), my eyeliner (which was waterproof). Plus it kinda burned my eyes. - Will not repurchase

Fructis Damage Repair Shampoo & Conditioner
: I bought these on sale. I don't know if they really help damaged hair, but it smells good, left my hair clean and feeling great. - Would repurchase.

Bioré Pore Strips:
I use these about once a month. While it doesn't work as well as the old Body Shop Tea Tree nose mask/peel stuff (discontinued a while back), it's good. - I will repurchase, after I finish the other 2 boxes I got in subs, etc.

Vasanti Brighten Up!: I really like this. I know some people think it's too rough, but it's not bad for me. Use it 1-2 times a week. I still have I think 3 more samples of this stuff. However, it is not quite as good as the Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub. - Will not repurchase

Goldwell Sleek Perfection Thermal Spray Serum: Smelled alright. "For a silky straight look that lasts" I didn't notice a difference. - Would not repurchase

Kérestase: Really like this stuff. My hair felt super smooth and no frizz. - May repurchase after I try the others that I have.

Philosophy Shower Gels in Daiquiri, Chocolate Fudge Cake and Cinnamon Buns (I think): They both smelled great and did it's job. Not much of a fan of sweet smelling body wash though. Luckily scent didn't stick around. - Would not purchase.

29 Cosmetics Eye Emulsion: While I don't have anything to actually notice a difference, it's just too expensive for me ($150). - Will not purchase.

Cuccion Naturale Butter (pomegranate & fig): Smelled great, was super smooth (more like a milk than the typical butter) and it worked great for a short period of time. - I would possible purchase.

Lise Watier Waterproof Eyeliner in Très Noir: 
This may have been one of my very first eyeliners about 8+ years ago. I have so many others that it's time to let it go. I do find that it tugs a little when applying. - I have found some new favorites, so no, I would not repurchase.

Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Mud Spa:
While I like the ease of sheet masks, I think I'm preferring the traditional masks. Though it felt great & moisturized my face, this left a white powdery film on my face that I had to wash off. - Would possibly buy again.

Simple Hydrating Moisturizer (x2) : It was nice, but nothing special. Those with sensitive skin may enjoy this though. - Would not repurchase as I don't have sensitive skin

Befine Night Cream: This sample lasted forever! I was expecting it to smell like cocoa, but it doesn't. Felt nice, but really nowhere near as amazing as the Algenist that I tried a while back.  - Would not purchase.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream:
I was surprised at how moisturizing this was for a gel. It was good, but I do have many other creams that I need to try and I don't think this will cut it. - Will not purchase.

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector
: I adore this new formula: Combination to Oily Skin!  I do want to purchase this, however the sample I got (and the other3 that I have) all say "Light" however in stores (and on Garnier's website) you can only find Light/Medium and Medium/Dark. Hmmm..  - Would purchase if I can find it.

Clarins Extra firming Foundation: The colour was a good match, formula was alright, wasn't too creasy, however didn't find it "firming". I have a favorite that I'm not replacing. - Would not purchase.

Deep Relief Ice Cold: The Man used it. It helped. - Probably would not purchase as we normally get Rub-A-535

Jouviance Smart Foundation: This was not good for me. For a "universal shade" it was streaky, didn't blend into my skin tone and even in the package didn't seem properly mixed. - Would not purchase.

And there you have it! May's empties.  I can tell you right now, June doesn't look too big.

*hugz*

-Sam

1 comment:

  1. I love empties posts! It seems like more misses than hits for you in May though, I hope june was better :) (How excited am I that it's almost time to share my june empties?! It's my first post and eek!)

    writingwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete