-->

October 05, 2012

FLARE World Runway Tour - Burlington (part 2)

 Now that you've seen the fashion, I'm sure you want to see the beauty that goes along with it. I think I'm overall happy with the fall beauty trend. Nothing really over the top and things that are indeed pretty.

Before I get started on that, there's a few things that I missed mentioning in the Fashion post:
- The colours this fall are Oxblood and Cobalt Blue
- While a little tricky, head-to-toe in Red is in
- You will see lots of to-the-knee boots (and as they put it, it's like saying "I'm the boss" -- they said that they'll have tips on how to pull this off in the next issue of FLARE)
- Sleek silhouettes, straight lines
- Bold Bags

Fall's Beauty Trend

Jewel Tone Eyes




Think smokey eyes, but with dark emerald greens and sapphire blues. Easy to do and since it's not one specific colour, anyone can pull this off!

Blue Tone Beauty



As mentioned, Cobalt Blue is one of hottest colours this seasons and it's being incorporated in eye shadows, liners and roots. Yes, hair roots. While I'm not to sure about doing my roots blue, I'm ok with a few pieces, or maybe even the tips. But Cobalt Blue liner? Yeah, I think I'll be trying that.

The Long Story




Very long hair. Plain & Simple. I, however, just recently cut off all my long hair. Go figure.

Cat Eyes 2.0


Also see Blue Ton Beauty for a blue liner


We're talking Classic, Architectural, thick, thin, coloured... it's in and I'm loving it! A slight "flick" à la cat eyes is my go-to look, so I'm looking forward to playing around with this.

Dark Romance




The example that they gave, and one that I would have to agree with,  is that dark, almost mysteriousness of Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Think sever hair and lips (great way to incorporate those bordeaux, plum, black cherry and blood red lips). Don't over do it - you're not looking to look ill or too gothic.

Nails




Doesn't really seem to be a specific nail theme. Metallic, crackle (still!?) , leather looking, goth black, a pop of colour and purples are all in. Nothing too exciting here.

Since I'm out of town and dont have access to my computer, I'll have to do a seperate poat about the swag bag.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian readers!!



1 comment:

  1. I am really loving the bold , deep, vampy lips! <3 bought into one today! MACs Rebel uh gorg!

    Steps To Perfection...With Romanianbutterfly206

    ReplyDelete