-->

November 01, 2012

Review: Kiss Lashes with Applicator Strings

As previously mentioned, I have received these lashes in my swag bag from the Flare World Runway Tour. Kiss Lashes with Applicator Strings - #7. You can check out their full range of lashes here.

I was a little hesitant about them at first, I mean, can two strings really make it that much easier to apply false lashes? Well, they kind of do.

I'd like to start by saying that I don't wear falsies often so I'm no expert at putting them on, but I'd like to think that I do a decent job.

First thing that I noticed when opening the package was that there was no glue. This wasn't a big deal as I have the glue by Duo that I like, but you'd think that if it mentions "best used with Kiss Strip Eyelash adhesive", that it would be included. So while it doesn't say anywhere that it's not included, it also doesn't say anywhere that it is.

The next thing I noticed is that the strings are long and thick. They are folded in half and kinda of form a loop in the band so that you can move them around to place them.


While at first it was a little awkward, it wasn't too bad. Before applying the glue, I took each of the lash strings and pretended to place them so that I'd have the general idea of how to do it. Once I applied the lash glue and let it get a little tacky, I took the strings and placed it on my lid. There wasn't too much adjusting needed as I got it pretty dead on the first time (for both) - which doesn't always happen. I did have to use my fingers to push it closer to my lash line so that I knew that it would stay glued properly.

The difference falsies can make (no mascara)

Once both were in place and the glue was decently dry (I waited about 2 minutes), you have to squeeze/hold the lashes near the end in order to pull out the strings (to make sure you don't pull off the lashes). You do not need to loosen the strings before applying (I did on one to see if it would make a difference). While it does seem like they're in there good, they come out pretty easily. Be sure not to squeeze your lashes too hard - I think I may have had a bit of lid or something somehow and when I initially pulled the string, it pinched. It only happened once out of 4 times.


I may potentially buy these in the future (maybe #2, #3, #4 or #6), but I haven't seen them in stores. I've seen Kiss lashes sold at Walmart, however I didn't see the ones with the applicator strings. I believe they are about $3.99 - $4.99. You can also purchase at Beauty Online Supply.
L: Both lashes freshly on. R: Several hours later, around 1am, I remembered that I didn't take a full face picture. Oops! Ignore the tiredness and blah look.

So while these are not a necessity, if you do have a hard time applying lashes, these might be good for you. If you're already a pro, you may not even see the difference. 


*hugz*

-Sam

4 comments:

  1. Amazing! Thanks for sharing Sam. I'm gonna get me these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it Melissa! I'm still keeping my eyes open for these, but if you find them in stores anywhere, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh these are fabulous! Thanks for letting me know you did the review! I've been trying to find them, but no luck. I'd love to try! You have gorgeous eyes and these falsies look so natural on you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aleksandra! If I see them anywhere, I'll be sure to let you know :)

      Delete