-->

July 20, 2015

Mani Monday: Painted Impress Nails


My nails are still beat up from the washroom renos. They're peeling, cracking, breaking and are in need of some major TLC.



Since they're a little "un-fit" for nail art of pictures, I decided to use these Impress Nails stick on manicures for this week's Mani Monday. But, since hot pink isn't my thing, I decided to change them up a little.


Using Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure nail polish in Red My Lips, and essence cosmetics bloom me up! nail lace tips, I created a new sophisticated look out of something that was a little too bright for me.



After sizing each nail, I attached the nails to toothpicks using that blue tack stuff. I dotted each toothpick with 1-5 dots so I'd know which finger they represented and did different colours for right and left hand since a few of the nail sizes didn't match up perfectly.



After applying 2 coats of red, I carefully picked and applied the lace nail tip to each nail. Unfortunately, the tips weren't wide enough for my thumb nails, so I had to cut two in half and strategically place them on the nail.

I then applied 2 coats of top coat (to try to even out the nail and the stickers).

Before you apply, make sure you wipe your nails with nail polish remover to remove any left over polish or oils from your nails.



Carefully peel back the plastic tab from the Impress Nails and press onto your nails. You may notice a little extra piece of polish; gently file that down once nail is secured.

That's it!


2 comments:

  1. Painting press-ons is a great idea, love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete