-->

March 08, 2015

Review: Get messy with Jealous Body Scrub



For many people, they associate mornings with a hot cup of coffee and a shower. Maybe some people might drink their coffee in the shower, I don't know. I'm personally not a coffee drinker (I just can't down that stuff!) but the smell doesn't bother me too much either.

So, what does coffee have to do with beauty? A lot actually.




Coffee scrubs seem to be all the rage lately due to the benefits of coffee on your skin. Coffee contains caffeine, which is a natural antioxidant. When you slather this on your skin, the antioxidants get absorbed which can help prevent premature aging. The caffeine also helps blood circulation which can help with varicose veins and can even reduce the appearance of cellulite!

Jealous Body Scrub is a slightly cheeky company (see their instagram page and their product card above)  from Vancouver, BC who creates one such coffee scrub.

Their combination of premium robusta coffee, organic cold pressed coconut oil, raw brown sugar, sea salt, vitamin E & minerals work in perfect harmony to deliver multiple benefits to your skin. In addition to what coffee itself is supposed to do, as mentioned above, Jealous Body Scrub says it's also supposed to reduce the appearance of eczema, stretch marks, psoriasis and acne. The brow sugar and salt (and probably the ground coffee itself), exfoliate while the coconut oil moisturizes and the vitamin E & minerals help protect and repair your skin.

All that in a 200g bag.


When you first open the bag, the smell of coffee fills your nostrils. For anyone who don't even like the smell, it would probably be too much for you. When you're ready to get messy with Jealous Body Scrub, take 1-2 hand scoops (a little smaller than an egg each) and add a little water to it (it makes it a little less messy as it wont go flying (as much) on your shower curtain or walls) then massage in circular motions all over your body.

The hardest part, is waiting the 5-10 minutes without accidentally getting wet and rinsing it off. My solution is turning off the water while you wait. During that time, you can dance around or enjoy a glass of wine. Whatever you want. Once it starts drying up, it'll start feeling a little tight.

After rinsing, I noticed that the KP (Keratosis Pilaris) on my arms had improved and that I didn't feel dry at all. I felt really smooth. While I haven't used the scrub often enough to notice cellulite improvement, the man did say my bum was super soft (no moisturizer needed after shower!)

I may not use this all over my body all the time, but I make sure I apply on problem areas at least 2-3 times a week and all over at least once a week.

This is now gonna become a regular thing  now. It feels great!

Now "The best part of waking up, is Jealous on your butt"


Jealous Body Scrub is $17.95 (free shipping to Canada & USA) and can be purchased at Jealousbody.com




2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I have a little bag of this at home and need to crack it open soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do! I was surprised that it exfoliated and left my skin soft!

      Delete